American Chemical Society
Tim Jones, SVP Digital Transformation and Matt Chan, Head of Marketing
- The American Chemical Society (ACS), the world’s largest scientific membership association operates both as a non-profit whose mission is to “advance the broader chemistry enterprise and its practitioners for the benefit of Earth and its people” and a large scientific and technical publishing organization of 75+ journals that financially supports the Society’s programmatic activities.
- With the growing impact of Open Access and the evolving needs of researchers and scientists, ACS needed to identify ways to create new value through the smart use of digital tools, platforms, technologies, and processes.
- Define and implement the division’s transformation & technology strategy for business improvement, including innovation, process improvements, culture and product/service advancement as part of a growth acceleration plan.
- Maintain the highest service levels for all business-critical platforms, applications and systems while evaluating future opportunities to ensure ACS remains at the forefront of the scientific communication environment.
- Expand ACS influence to the global research community.
We recruited two exceptional executives in critical leadership roles. Tim Jones – previously Head of Innovation for Transamerica and a Presidential Innovation Fellow during the Obama Administration — was hired to define, develop and execute growth strategies as part of a large-scale digital transformation as SVP, Digital Transformation working closely with Head of Global Marketing, Matt Chan – a senior marketing executive and transformational leader previously with Wiley.