Finding a new MD to drive an ambitious global strategy
Kate Ward, Managing Director of Factual, BBC Studios
Media and Content
- BBCS Factual business comprises the Natural History, Science and Documentary Units (and Factual Indie partnerships).
- We were tasked to find a new MD to facilitate the creative ambition and commercial focus required for continued growth with revenues of over £250million for 2022/2023.
- The candidate will lead a matrixed team of circa 600 people located in 5 sites in the UK and globally.
- Create a commercially focused pan Studios strategy for Factual.
- Build relationships with key clients and customers (BBC / Apple / Disney / Discovery / PBS).
- Bring a commercial business-minded “one portfolio” approach to this senior leadership role.
- Kate Ward joined from Vice Studios where she was Global President. Kate is a well-respected media executive with an outstanding knowledge of the UK and international television market bringing strong relationships across production and broadcast community to her new role at BBC Studios. She previously worked for Shine TV and Endemol Shine Group.